Opdenergy is a well positioned player in the energy sector that prioritizes being an Independent Power Producer (IPP), with more than 15 years of experience and international presence, operating in 8 countries and more than 150 employees.
Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Madrid and are currently looking for a Solar Resource Assessment Engineer
- Provide technical and design support to the Construction and Development Department to enable increase the energy production of PV Plant minimizing the construction and leasing cost.
- Control and review basic and detailed Engineering of PV Plants not only identifying deviations but suggesting upgrades or improvements.
- Provide to both departments (Construction and Business Development) Production Reports using the usual software (PVSyst, etc..) and other calculation that it was necessary.
- Provide support to the Operation and Maintenance Department in any aspect regarding to the solar resource and yield simulation of the PV Plant.
- Interface with the manufacturers or suppliers of Key Components in relation to the different simulation’s and design optimization during purchase process considering standars, rules, regulations and applicable laws in all countries that Opdenergy is based.
- Support troubleshooting and resolution of applicable project engineering and performance issues as well as evaluation of new technologies.
- Understanding of architectural solar design in power system.
- Detailed knowledge and calculation of basic and detailed engineering (BT AC-DC, Civil Works, etc…) as well as basic knowledge on AT power lines and substations operation and regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of PV plant performance parameters such as PR and familiarity with recognised performance testing procedures, including availability calculations.
- Familiarity with key PV plant components and technical operation parameters.
- Basic knowledge on economic comparison models for equipment selection.
What do we offer?
- Career development in a leading international environment.
- Meal Voucher.
- Health Insurance.
- FlexTime schedule.
- Two days of working from home per week.
“Energize your Talent”: You will discover a new way to develop, grow and collaborate with high-level professionals.
If you want to grow professionally and work with people who are passionate about transforming natural resources into energy, we want to meet you.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical, structural or electrical engineering
- 2 years industrial employment in renewable energy generation.
- Experience of industrial scale PV plants
- Fluent English spoken and written
- PVsyst. MS Office advanced, excel user
- Knowledge of database and other data management programs.
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD, PVcase, Civil 3D or equivalent software.
- Excellent working knowledge of Q-GIS, or equivalent geo-refernece software.