Opdenergy is a well positioned player in the energy sector that prioritizes being an Independent Power Producer (IPP), with more than 15 years of experience and international presence, operating in 9 countries and 190 employees.
Due to our dynamic growth, we are expanding our team in Madrid and are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer.
- Provide technical and design support to the Construction and Development Department to enable increase the energy production of PV Plant, minimizing the construction and leasing cost.
- Continuous improvement of Functional Technical Specifications, Standards, Certifications, Digital files, and Data Sheets for Electrical Equipment’s and Electrical Systems, including scope of supply, technical and QA/QC requirements, etc.
- Provide the elaboration of PV plant Basic Design (SLDs), PV array sizing and optimization process
- Conduct calculations and design review related with the PV plant electrical design, including equipment sizing and configuration, PV plant earthing system and electrical protection analysis.
- Maintain and optimize PV plant minimum technical specifications for all LV/MV electrical related equipment and works involved in the constructions of a PV plant.
- Development of tools and procedure for ensuring consistency, quality and maximum level of optimization of the electrical design on PV plants
- Support the internal revision of SCADA architectural design, metering compliance, project requirements compliance, LSbp’s data acquisition requirements, as well as electrical designs for SCADA systems.
What do we offer?
- Career development in a leading international environment.
- Yearly bonus based on objectives.
- Meal Voucher.
- Health Insurance.
- FlexTime schedule.
- Two days of working from home per week.
- Coffee, fresh fruit and cookies in our cantine!
“Energize your Talent”: You will discover a new way to develop, grow and collaborate with high-level professionals.
If you want to grow professionally and work with people who are passionate about transforming natural resources into energy, we want to meet you.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree or equivalent qualification in mechanical, structural or electrical engineering
- At least 3 years of experience with industrial scale PV plants
- Understanding of architectural solar design in power system.
- Detailed knowledge and calculation of basic and detailed engineering (BT AC-DC, Civil Works, etc…) as well as basic knowledge on AT power lines and substations operation and regulations.
- Familiarity with key PV plant components and technical operation parameters.
- Fluent English spoken and written
- MS Office advanced, excel user
- Excellent working knowledge of CAD, Civil 3D or equivalent software.
- Excellent working knowledge of Q-GIS, or equivalent geo-reference software.
- Availability to travel and work from both Madrid and, as required, occasional foreign travel.